Thursday, May 28, 2009

Warning: This post is potty humor; I'm not kidding; reader beware!

So I don't usually post potty humor but for some reason an episode last night was really funny to me. Last night was my first night of Aaron's latest trip (he's in Sweden this time). I got to bed late because I hate sleeping without him and right as I was dozing off I heard Liam come up the stairs in a panic. He went into the bathroom and I could hear him making noises and I figured it was just my luck that the kids would get the stomach flu as soon as Aaron left. I got up and went in and he was kind of running around in circles in the bathroom. I couldn't tell if something hurt, if he needed to throw up or needed to use the bathroom so I tried the third and most simple option. He was so asleep I had to help him a lot but then he started peeing, and peeing, and peeing. If any of you remember the scene in a League of Their Own where Tom Hanks goes for like 3 minutes, this was similar. I couldn't believe he could possible hold that much and he was still only half way done. Anyway, now that half the people reading this are totally grossed out and the other half are wondering where on earth the humor is, I really don't know. I am probably relieved that his problem was so easily solved but he must have been so uncomfortable. When he was done he went right back to sleep and slept peacefully till morning. It really is the little things in life (like the ability to empty your bladder) that count.

2 comments:

Cathy and Tim Hanson said...

That's funny, Matt just did that recently where he got up in the night and couldn't remember what he was doing. he wandered around my room for a little before I sent him back to bed. In bed he cried and cried but couldn't tell us what was wrong. Finally he figured out he had to go to the bathroom.

erin said...

We went to Boston and Seth really had to go. So we gave him an empty water bottle (10 oz). I was afraid it was going to overflow. It didn't help that he had to wait to go while we got pulled over for a bogus ticket.