Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Family Night

On Monday our family night was not as planned as it could have been (hey at least we did it). We usually give assignments beforehand but we only had the lesson/activity planned and we winged the rest. So after the Prayer Aaron asks who wants to give the scripture. Liam jumps up yelling that he wants to do it and runs up the steps to stand on the landing by the door (we were having family night outside because it was really hot inside and we were using the landing as a kind of stage). I started thinking of scriptures I had memorizes so that I could help him say one but then he started. "And Jesus... (he paused here for a couple of seconds and I thought he was going to tell a story about Jesus for his scripture) ...wept". Then he gave us a cheeky grin and sat back down. The kid is 4 years old! We had talked about that being the shortest scripture before but it was months ago and I didn't even realize Liam was listening. Needless to say Aaron and I busted up laughing and Liam got the exact reaction he was looking for. Overall it was a pretty good family night.

1 comment:

Cardon Times said...

Such a devious kid! I'm anxious to see the gray hairs he gives you later on... Well for Debbie anyway! ;-)