Friday, May 1, 2009

The "improved" Bathroom

About a month ago I did the last of my home improvements on the top floor of the house. I re-did some of my bathroom and painted in the hall/stairs/entry. People have been asking to see pictures of the new bathroom and it has taken me a while to put them up but here they are so stop bugging me. In the picture of me painting the stairs you can't tell but I am super high and I am afraid of heights. Probably the most scary home improvement project I have done.
Here is the bathroom before. Cream walls, cream countertop and brass hardware and light. You can't really see lots of it and you don't get to see the roses stenciled around the top but I didn't get a better picture before I changed it all.
Here is after, I paited it blue, changed the hardware to silver fittings, replaced the countertop and sink and the light switches and light. The countertop was the most annoying, we were doing this on a pretty tight budget so we got the already made stuff at Home Depot. Well we knew we would have to cut it to make it the right lenght and make the sink hole but it was also too wide and went all the way into the doorway so we had to cut off the backsplash in the back and now we have no backspash. At some point I will probably do a tile backsplash but right now I need a break and am moving on to outside projects so it will have to wait. Over all we are pretty happy with it all.

2 comments:

Robyn DeGaetano said...

It looks WAY nicer! Good job!

amy greenway said...

I think the removal of the backsplash thingy makes it look less pre-fab and more fab-ulous! Great job!