Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm Back

Well, after a year of no blog posts I figure even the few people who were following my blog have given up so now I am only writing for one person, me. Which means I don't have to worry about being witty, using correct grammar, making cute backgrounds and visually pleasing posts (never did figure that one out), wearing clothes while I write, etc.. Now maybe this blogging thing will be more fun and I will update it more often (or should I say, oftener). Well like it or not I made a resolution to update my blog more often for the sake of those pesky posterity (as if they will ever read it) if nothing else, and since its pretty much the only one I have half a chance at not eventually breaking I figure I had better get started (the resolution was to post at least once a month and try for once a week or so). Did you see how long that last sentence was, I am liking this solo blogging thing already. Anyway, enough with the words, on to the pictures. I figured it was only right that I start with a happy event like Christmas.



We didn't get many Christmas pictures this year, just these two and one of each child holding their favorite gift. It is just too hectic to monitor 6 kids opening presents and I will admit I am a bit ocd about it so anyway, no cute presents of kids ripping into wrapping paper. But we did get these two before Church and even though we had to do it in two pictures since there was no one to take the pictures and I have never had a timer photo turn out well I think we all look rather dashing. Especially Liam, where did he get that smile?


Christmas was a bit too hectic for my taste this year because I was trying to do home improvement projects at the same time and I set myself up for too many late start home made knitting projects. But they all got done and I think they turned out pretty well.



These are the hats I made for Aaron's parents. I just recently got in to knitting with two colors and have made hats with patterns for all of my kids then decided I wanted to do them for parents for Christmas. I really like these snowflake patterns.
My Mom decided she didn't want a hat (if I was sure she would never read this I might say that she enjoys complicating things but since there is a slim chance she will I won't) but wanted a cowl that she could have over hear head plus around her face either loosely or tightly for when she is doing the paper route(yes she still does a paper route and I think she is cool). It gets pretty dang cold some of those mornings so she wanted something to keep her face warm but not be tight. It took way longer than I thought it would and you can't see how it looks on a person but she says it is just want she wanted (and I am sure she would never lie about something like that).

Last, but not least, my masterpiece. I designed a BYU hat for my dad and it just may be the last hat I ever design. I thought most of the trouble would just be making the letters look good but that was the least of my worries. My stubbornness worked in my favor for once and I got it done and think it looks awesome. Now I need to make one for Aaron.

As far as the rest of Christmas goes, it was lovely.

1 comment:

Robyn DeGaetano said...

I love the Christmas pictures! I, too, never get around to taking pics of the opening presents part of the day, but really, I don't care. So don't beat yourself up. And BTW, you look amazing.