Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A question I ask myself way too often

Is that normal? You all thought I was going to say something like "is this worth it?" or something else of that nature didn't you? Nope, today I am questioning my normalcy. How often do you do that? Is it normal that I do it quite often? So today's reason for my wonderment is the fact that when the phone rang and I saw that it was our accountant (this year's taxes have finally crushed me into submission) I got jittery and nervous and had to force myself to answer the phone (which is better than yesterday when the heat pump guy called and I let it go to voicemail). So is it normal to get anxiety attacks because of phone calls. The funny thing is that I talk on the phone for way longer than I probably should to friends and family and can chat about almost anything forever (I like to do this while doing chores so that I don't have to think about the fact that I am cleaning yet again) but when it is someone I don't know or a company I have to literally force myself to do it. After talking to my accountant I decided that since I was already in nervous phone call state I should go ahead and call Brock's teacher at school to let him know I didn't receive the forms he was supposed to send me to sign (finally off my to do list). Because once I have survived one phone call it is easier to make more. So my question, is that normal? Anyone else have the same panic attack when they have to talk on the phone to a business or stranger? I have had some problems with amazon.com (not big and they were good about resolving them) and I spent 15 minutes doing their online chat thing rather than calling them and getting it done in 5. Why is the chat different? We are still conversing back and forth, just through typing rather than voice. Why can I be more firm about what I would like to happen when I am typing rather than talking? Sometimes I wish I had majored in Psychology so that I would have the answers to all my "is that normal" questions because I do wonder that quite often, if not for myself then for my children. Is that normal?

1 comment:

Robyn DeGaetano said...

I go through phases where I really don't like talking to ANYBODY on the phone, even family. So no, I don't think it's that weird.