Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Almost a Tragic Headline

Last night was one of those times that you say an extra big thank you prayer. I was out with the youngest two in the jogging stroller and it was getting dark so we were headed in. I saw Mia's trike in the driveway so I walked up the slight hill of the driveway with both the stroller and the trike to where (I thought) it was flat and then put the trike away. I turned around to get the girls out of the stroller and it had started rolling back down the driveway toward the road. I chased after it and caught it and we skidded to a stop right as it was about to roll into the road. Right then there was a loud noise and a woosh as a big truck zoomed past us. It must not have seen us because it didn't even slow down but 2 more feet and we would have all been hit. The kids weren't strapped in because I had only been in the driveway so there is no way it could have ended well if we had been hit. So thank you, thank you, thank you to Heavenly Father and to guardian angels for keeping my babies safe ( by the way, they were facing toward me rather than the road and had absolutely no clue that anything was wrong). We had a family lesson later about turning strollers parallel to the road. I think I have learned my lesson.

4 comments:

OkieDrapers said...

I'm sooooooooo glad that it was a thank you moment and nothing else. Proof that the Lord really is keeping us safe.

erin said...

All I can say is thank you and I'm glad everyone is safe. We miss you guys.

Robyn DeGaetano said...

that is so scary!!! I'm with you - I truly think there are guardian angels out there - thank goodess!

Rachel said...

Good grief! What a scary thing! I'm glad you're all okay.