Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Superheroes







My family (the Cardons) do a family newsletter each month and we have a topic to write about. This month's topic was "if you could be any superhero, who would you be and why? I did this topic with Aaron and the kids and I was pretty amused by the answers. I thought that they would choose an existing superhero but the kids took the question to mean that you got to make up and name your own. here is our newsletter submission:

Liam: Tiger boy, the ability to act like a tiger and bite off bad guys heads, and throw them up in the air and pull off their arms and legs when I see a bad guy.

Maddie: Jungle girl with the ability to turn into any jungle animal. This way I can turn into a lot of animals and get rid of bad guys.

Gwen: Poison girl with the ability to throw poison at people and if I do they will die. I am not the hero, I am a villain and will throw poison at Brock.

Brock: Time traveling animorph with the ability to travel through time and morph into different animals. I want to be able to kick Gwen/poison girl into the first century.

Mia: Invisigirl with the ability to be invisible so that people don’t see that I am always naked.

Evie: Optimist Prim ( not to be confused with Optimus Prime) with the ability to spread optimism and cheerfulness throughout the universe.

Mom: Mary Poppins, with the ability to clean rooms with a snap of the finger, have grand adventures and be home by dinnertime, to make children obey without complaint and to look great while doing it.

Dad: Mr. Fantastic, with the ability to stretch my body as far as I want so that I can pick stuff up and do other things without ever having to get up off the couch.

I will admit that I chose the heroes for Mia and Evie. By the way, thank you so much for the topic. The children ran around the house for hours after they chose their powers pretending to be the heroes/villains they had picked. This led to lots of chaos, some injuries and a few time outs.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Love it! I too entered bloggerdom (over a year ago, I can't believe it). I find it's also a great way to keep some sort of journal.

So Jeff got invited, can I be invited too? shellyolivier@gmail.com

Shelly

travelingmom said...

I love that you have a blog! yea! Angela McFadden

erin said...

This made me laugh out loud. I think my boys might not be so creative. I love that Gwen said she is the villian