Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stake Conference

Our Stake Conference was a week ago but it has taken me a week to recover from it and I now feel that I can write about it. I am not going to write about the pain and drama that happened while trying to get my family there, I don't know if I will ever recover from that enough to write about it but Conference itself went pretty well. We were on the second row from the podium because Brock was singing and we wanted to see him. We were on the inside which is hard for taking children out and I ended up nursing Evie where we sat because it was too much trouble to get out but everything went pretty smoothly and Liam kept on cracking me up. We let him draw the second hour and he kept on commenting on his drawings so all through the second hour I heard comments like these made in an incredibly loud whisper that I am sure everyone could hear:

"I am going to draw jedi's that fight each other."

"This Jedi has his bones showing, see his bones?"

"I want to draw Jedis but they keep looking like ballerinas." (by the way all his drawings are a big circle with sticks for legs and arms, why he saw ballerinas I don't know but this was the funniest comment)

"This one is too small to be a Jedi, what do I do?" (I pointed out that it could be Annikan as a child)

"Mom look, this Jedi is bad with a red light saber and he tried to kill the good jedi with the green light saber but the good Jedi did this and then he pushed his light saber into the bad jedi's stomach so he is dead" (The crowning comment made at the end of conference complete with actions.)

I never know If I should laugh or cry at conferences like these and this was a relatively good one.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

That's funny. It's nice to have such great entertainment at stake conference.

Amy Jane said...

haha. I hope my hypotheticals will be as funny as your kids!

erin said...

I am glad to hear about Jedi's my boys draw aliens and it isn't just my younger ones.