Tuesday, February 23, 2010

5 weeks

I have now been exercising regularly (4-5 days per week) and eating healthy for 5 weeks. Now, since it seems like every friend or relative I have has run some kind of half marathon/marathon/triathlon etc. I know that this will not impress any of you but it happens to be a record for me. I hate to exercise. I like to play sports like volleyball and I like to go on walks and such but frequent and strenuous exercise is not my cup of hot chocolate (which I have not indulged in for the said 5 weeks). I also happen to like baked goods and fried food a lot more than I should. Anyway, here are the results of my amazingly long heath stretch:

Weight lost: 5 lbs.

Inches lost: 1

endurance improved: I can now run 3.5 miles without stopping instead of .5 miles. Again, small step for others, large step for me. I happen to hate running and have trained more for the quick (the baby has a steak knife) type sprints.

Healthy recipes found (tasty ones): 6

Recipes (or the foods made from them) I would not feed to my enemies found: 3

Improvement in energy: none

improvment of attitude: none

So some stats are ok, others not so great. I would be happy if the last two listed stats were better but oh well. Now that I have broken my record for longest health kick I think I will go eat some icecream and catch up on all the tv and projects that I haven't had time for (just kidding, I am still plugging along but I can't promise how long before I crash).

2 comments:

Sarah Johnson said...

You really haven't had more energy from working out?? For me that is the most noticeable thing. And I am WAAAAAYYY impressed that you can run 3.5 miles without stopping! Seriously that's awesome. I ran 3 miles yesterday without stopping and I was so happy and excited after. See you can already run a 5K! We do need to find a 5k in the next month to run cause I think I convinced Becca to run one too!! But anyways keep up the good work!!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Don't quit!!