Thursday, January 22, 2009

chickens

Sometimes I wonder if I thrive on stress. I can't think of any other reason for a mom with six kids who has a to do list longer enough to wrap around the outside of the house twice, who can't seem to figure out how to juggle husbands, kids, church, and all the hundreds of things that go with it, and who is always complaining about having no time for herself to suddenly decide to get chickens. We had thought about getting some chickens in the spring when it gets warmer but my obsessive self suddenly kicked in and voila, 24 hours later we have a coop and 3 chickens (Ellinor, Chloe and hawk). So far the kids love going out to look at the chickens and gather their eggs and I have enjoyed the half dozen eggs they have laid so far but sometimes I wonder what is going on in my own head.

No comments: